Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Surely It's Not Too Soon To Refresh?

All you NaBloPoMo dudes...I am getting, like, seriously addicted. This daily posting thing? It's like eating potato chips, man. I just can't stop. I have the list of blogs I read daily, but you know what? A bunch of you have promised to post daily--so I'm checking in two, three, five times a day to see if you have posted yet. Because God forbid I should do anything other than read blogs all day.

But you see, I'm hooked now. I am loving this challenge to post daily, because suddenly everything in my life feels bloggable. My entire life is turning into nothing but a string of slightly amusing anecdotes, which I then post, which makes me feel like I've done something productive, because there's the evidence--right there on the internet!

The real evil comes as I look at the list of participants, and there are literally hundreds of bloggers that read the same blog I do, and might be exactly the kind of blogger that I need to read! Daily! Or even more often! So now I'm following links to bloggers who themselves have links and archives! (Oh, the La Brea of the internets is the archives!) And they also have other blogs they read. Or write for. So many blogs!

And so many of them are so pretty! Individual-like. So, I get the urge to redecorate, and then I have to spend many many hours figuring out my fonts and colors and do I really want to get into HTML? Of course I do!

So, please keep posting, everybody, or I'll have to do something drastic. Like laundry.

No comments: