Monday, November 06, 2006

In Production: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

I found these great pictures at Veritaserum. There are many more pictures, but these are my favorites. Maybe they will have to replace U2 on the desktop.

First, here's who appears to be Luna Lovegood. She is just right, in my mind: she looks whispy and dreamy, with big eyes and a fact that looks utter unperturbable. She's not quite "all there" and yet she's able to accept the worst of how the world works. She is more comfort to Harry after the death of Sirius than anyone.

Tonks is another favorite: I was really rooting for her to be the next Defense Against Dark Arts teacher before book 6 came out. When searching for a HP costume for a theme party, Pony chose to be Tonks. I like her punkiness, and I think this picture demonstrates that she has been properly cast.

This one is my new favorite: the DA, presumably in the Room of Requirement. They look tough, a bit scared, and aware of the seriousness of what is going on in the Wizarding World. So, they are going to do what they can to stop Voldemort and protect themselves and their families. There is a great close up of this one available at Veritaserum--it fills the screen and you can see each of the faces closely. I love the way Dean Thomas has caught up with the Weasley twins in height. Neville has gotten quite tall as well, which is apt, for this is the book in which he truly demonstrates his Gryffindor qualities.

As a book, Order of the Phoenix is one of my least favorite, although to be fair, it's sandwiched between the two most sweeping of the books. This will not stop me from reading it again before the movie comes out, and/or after the movie comes out, and/or after I see the movie. At least twice.

No comments: