Tuesday, October 31, 2006

October 31=Day of the Walking Dead

So, here we are, finally, on Halloween night--which means that the month of October is over. And, frankly, so am I.

October here at Chez Evil has the distinct ring of "party party party!" Our anniversary, Pony's birthday AND birthday party, Mr. Sweetie's birthday, Halloween--it seems like I spend the month buying presents and decorating the house for one event after the other. Not to mention the birthday cake and candy that hangs around the house for the duration of the month.

Each one of these events is important, significant, and an opportunity to convey to the people I love the best how much they are loved. It's just--piled up like that, by the end of the month I am at the end of my extroversion. It's time to hibernate; or, since I can't actually do that, it's time to settle in front of the fireplace to read and write.

Fortunately for me, the weather here is turning cold, and the tempo of events is slowing down. I am looking forward to having the chance to take down all the party decorations, put away the presents, and simplify my life for a month.

Until we do it all again for Christmas.

No comments: