Monday, October 09, 2006

Life Improvement Projects

I am discovering that I like boating. We finished 3 bottles of wine and one jug over the weekend. Yes, I like my wine.

But now we need a signature drink for on-board. We tried one that Mr. Sweetie's sister had recommended: a white Lillet with ginger ale. Maybe it's better on a hot day, but of 4 of us drinking it, only one really liked it. As a hot weather drink, though, it's not better than a mojito--just easier to make.

One couple I knew had a boat drink called "Strip and Go Naked" which was really drinkable on a sunny summer day, and consisted of an unholy mix of beer, vodka, lemonade, and probably floor sweepings for all I know. Yes, I had a lot of that--and that was over 10 years ago.

The aperatif of choice is currently Bailey's. At least that part is settled.

No comments: