Monday, June 25, 2007

Today's Little Project


As we have already established, I have a little trouble keeping my keys straight. Now that I have a Schlage lock on my studio door, I have compounded the problem, because I have three keys that look identical.

I started to correct the problem at home by getting new keys--the one for the house is entirely purple (like the outside of the house! See how clever I am!), and the one for the garage has a purple cap on the top, while the rest of the key is silver.

But, see, now I'm too clever by half, because since I've been spending my days painting the studio purple, I automatically put the purple key into the lock, even though the purple key goes to the purple house and not the purple studio. Mnemonics have failed.

So today I went out and bought myself some groovy key caps and "Key-shirts"--flexible plastic covers to make my various keys visibly different from each other. Then, I transferred all my keys onto a single key chain. The end result is hardly slim, but at least I won't get my keys stuck in the wrong locks any more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Once a mom, always a mom, but I am hoping you made duplicates of all those cute keys "just in case" (no pun intended).

Mom