Monday, June 04, 2007

The End of an Era

Tomorrow is the last day of school, and the last day of Lower School for my family. Bunny graduates from fifth grade and goes to Middle School next year. It's bittersweet, watching the girlies grow up: I loved the children they were, and I love the people they are becoming. Leaving the Lower School ends an era that started back in 1999, and all year I've been experiencing events for "the last time." The last book festival, the last quiz bowl, the last Art Adventure, etc. etc.

On the plus side, tomorrow is "the last uniform" day. Once in Middle School, the kids get to choose their clothing, and--no surprise here--they invariably DON'T choose to wear navy chinos and red or white polo shirts. Six years is enough, I guess.

So, tonight I packed up all but one last uniform. (Okay, plus whatever ones are in the laundry. Let's not get so literal here, shall we?) You know what? We now have about 30 hangers free for other clothing!

No comments: