Wednesday, June 20, 2007

And That's How He Got His Name

So, I told Mr. Sweetie all about my doctor appointment tonight at dinner. And he was wonderful about it.

Me: I had my doctor's appointment today.
Mr. Sweetie: (dropping utensils onto the plate, looking directly at me with love and attention and concern written all over his face) I'm all ears.

So I told him about the fact that over four hours of the study, without the machine, I never dropped below stage 2 sleep, which is shallow, and non-REM. That I was having breathing interference approximately once every minute for those four hours. And that the problems all went away while on the CPAP machine.

Mr. Sweetie: I'm really excited for you. This is great, it's going to help!

All right, I know it. I'm all about the shallow. But Mr. Sweetie has more than earned his nickname today. Plus, he went out and bought me some distilled water after 10 tonight for the damn thing.

I am a very lucky girl, having such a wonderful man to be my best friend and my life partner.

No comments: