- Don't talk with your hands full
- Don't wear red nail polish--that's like yelling, or typing in all caps
- Speak slowly for people with bad vision
- Be patient with people who speak slowly due to arthritis
- Only use internet abbreviations when the audience is appropriate. LMAO is not appropriate for talking to your grandmother.
- Proper spelling counts!
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
I saw a group of four people having lunch together this afternoon. They were distinctive because they were signing--a storm of conversation in silence. It led me to wonder if there are sign language grammar and etiquette rules for sign language like there is for email.