Friday, June 03, 2005

Ewoks' Saving Grace

We've been introducing the kidlets to Star Wars, The Originals. I actually thought about limiting their exposure to only the first movie*, but we ended up watching the first three.

*I don't care if it's technically be renumbered and is now the fourth movie. It's been the first movie for over 25 years, I've been calling it "The First Movie" for over 25 years, and I'm too old to change now! Ya whippersnapper you.

Anyway, the kidlets love the Ewoks. And really, at 8 and 11, those are the best parts of the movies. None of this boring sterile Death Star shiny surface artificial environment "Luke, I am you father"--"Nooooooooo!"--"Father help me!" nonsense. It's all about the Cute Fuzzy Things. I now like Ewoks better--they may now stay.

Sometime in the last 25+ years, the ending victory party on Endor was rescored. Instead of that excreable Ewokese Smiley Happy Tune (I can't find a clip for you, but if you've ever heard it, you know what I'm talking about) was replaced with asomewhat more palatable Peruvian wind flute piece. The major flaw in the retolling? Landro Calrissian becomes the uncoolest black guy in the universe, clapping along on beats 1 and 3.

No comments: