Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Newest Superhero; Or Saved From Math Anxiety

Tonight, the Bunny did NOT want to do her math. She procrastinated until the last possible minute, and sat with her head on her paper, not wanting to even look at the worksheet.

But! Suddenly! in the middle of a problem she leapt up and said "This is a job for Calculator Man!" She went into the other room, and returned with one arm in front of her as if she were flying.

"I am Calculator Man, and I am here to solve the math problems!" And she did. "Twenty-nine divided by 9 is....I am using a dramatic pause....THREE! With a remainder of TWO!"

When she needed a piece of scratch paper she announced "I must find my Special Worksheet!" She picked up her can of Fresca and proclaimed: "This is my special superhero drink, which helps me to do math! It is MathFresca! It is MASCA!"

Calculator Man did about half the problems, but then decided to let the Bunny have a chance to do some math as well, so he flew out into the other room, and after a few moments, the Bunny came back in.

"Hi."
"Bunny! You just missed Calculator Man!"

What's that up in the sky? It's a slide rule...it's an abacus...NO! It's CALCULATOR MAN!

No comments: