Monday, February 13, 2006

A Little Romance

We were out, the Family and I, on Saturday night. We had gone to see the Curious George movie, because the Bunny, she is mad for monkeys. We went to the first show we could get the whole family together for, which ended at 6 p.m. So of course, I don't have dinner ready, so Mr. Sweetie (who is fabulous) recommended eating at this funky urban diner--serves breakfast all day, and also horseradish crusted shrimp in miso with soba noodles, so there's something for everybody.

It being Saturday, and thus Date Night, we were directed next door to the coffee shop to await our table--in lieu of a bar, as the restaurant is VERY small.

As we were ordering our idiosyncratic drinks (did you know you can get a marshmallow flavored Italian soda?), Mr. Sweetie turned to me and asked; "Do you know what today is?"

Given that I'm sometimes unable to remember the day of the week, I thought I was doing well to say "Saturday?"

"It's the 25th anniversary of our very first date."

How wonderful that we were already out with our favorite people on a festive and tasty dinner date! How embarassing that I hadn't even noticed such a momentous date! What a great way to be celebrating it anyway!

No comments: