Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Great Minds Think Alike

Mr. Sweetie and I have a history of buying each other duplicate Valentine's Day gifts. Some years we end up with too many flowers, because we each bought roses for the other.

The first Valentine's we had after finishing graduate school, he picked me up after work, looking very sheepish. "Um. I didn't do anything for you for Valentine's Day." You know how darling Mr. Sweetie looks when he's sheepish? Very.

"Oh good," I blurted out. "I didn't do anything for you either."

I am informed that this is the sort of mistake only a rookie would make, and might only be excused because I was young and in love.

A couple of years ago, we each gave the other Norah Jones' second CD--Feels Like Home.

This year, we got each other noise cancelling headphones for the iPods. Now we can't hear the other one nagging us. It's a gift that keeps on giving!

No comments: