Friday, July 15, 2005

I am moving in an atmosphere of unreality--Harry Potter 6 goes on sale at 12:01, and we are going to be at the bookstore.

I am already wearing a numbered wristband which shows that I have preordered a book, and my number is 91. I am told that the staff will be calling numbers in groups of 50 to pick up and purchase the ordered books, so 91 isn't so bad. It's not being in first class, but it is like travelling with children or being a passenger who will otherwise need assistance.

I fell for Harry Potter back in 1999, when the Pony was in kindergarten and I bought the first book (in paperback) at a fundraiser for the school. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now I am part of the fuss.

We go back to the store at 10 p.m. for the party, and will probably have to begin reading on the way home. I am not the only fan in the family, thank god!

No comments: