Thursday, September 27, 2007

A Mind Is A Terrible Thing To Lose

Hmmmmm. Let me see. What am I currently looking for?
  1. My cel phone. Which is pink. Sure, it's a slim little bugger--a RAZR, but it is pink. There is not a lot around my household that is pink, so you would think it would stand out. I know I had it last Friday, but I haven't seen it since.
  2. My iPod. I don't think I'm to blame for this one, as the Bunny was using it last night, and tucked it god knows where. But it is purple--bright purple because it is in an iFrogz case. Again, not a lot that is quite that color around here. . .
  3. My iFrogz band. The case for the iPod is purple, but the band around it is bright pink. Fuschia even. Again--I lent it to the Bunny, and it came back without the band. . .which I still can't find.
  4. My second pair of glasses. Which, surprise, surprise, are purple! Absolutely NO idea where those went of the last time I had them.
  5. The latest Barbara Kingsolver book: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. I was reading it over Labor Day weekend. . .
  6. The Great Big Book of Puzzles I also had last over Labor Day weekend. . .
And it's not like the house is all that messy that these things shouldn't have shown up! We actually have most of the horizontal surfaces clean and clear! Stuff is not generally shoved out of sight just to get it out of mind.

Is it part of the inevitable aging process? Is it mad cow disease? Is it perimenopause? Or am I just an idiot? Who knows?

EDITED TO ADD: I just had to ask! With a single request, Bunny came to me in the kitchen with my iPod, complete with replaced iFrogz band! Too bad I couldn't find it myself, as it was a LONG DAY without my iPod!

No comments: