Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Bag of My Dreams

So, I have this smashing summer purse that I bought at a little boutique that doesn't sell bags any more. The one I have is purple, of course, with a magnet under the flap to hold it closed. The handles are that rare but perfect length, where I can carry it in my hand or over my shoulder. The bag itself is pretty big--wide and deep, with no dividers, so I can carry everything.

In fact, in a recent inventory/clean out of this bag, I found the following:

Wallet
Check book
Digital Camera
iPod
Extra earphones for iPod
Notebook
Card case for my personal cards
Card case for library cards, etc.
Pens (4)
Prescription sunglasses in case
Reading glasses in case
Plain sunglasses (loose)
Large set of keys (too large, actually)
Cel phone
Cel phone case (they got separated in the depths of the bag
Large number of miscellaneous sales receipts
Paperback novel
Second digital camera (I forgot I already had the first one in there)
Change--fell out of the wallet
Several book marks
Earrings (so that's where they were!)

I am thinking that I need a different, smaller, bag to carry. This one is great and all, but really, once it's even half full it weights about 30 pounds, and has some wicked momentum when I turn around too quickly.

This is a bad time of year to look for a summer type purse, of course, as we are in full fall fashion mode. Those few summer ones left are on super sale, but they are very hard to find. I have been scouring my usual haunts, to no avail. We are just too solidly into autumnal colors of black, brown, dark brown, and brown-black.

Sure, I could wait a couple of months until the spring fashions come out--November, right? But by then I will have switched to my own winter bag, and won't need it like I do right now.

Apparently, this is disturbing me more than I realized, because last night, I found the perfect bag. It was absolutely wonderful. It was just a smidgen smaller than my current one, but exactly the right size. It was versatile too, converting easily from a shoulder bag to a backpack bag, and it was a wonderful soft brown leather--not in the least heavy looking, just neutral enough to go with anything.

And then I woke up.

2 comments:

Suefunky said...

This sounds like a job for... ebay!

ebay knows no season....

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I found a delightful purse maker at the Renaissance Faire and they had several really wonderful purple leather purses in several sizes. I just happened to pick up their card instead of guessing and just getting you one you might like.

If I can find the card I will give you their web site.

The leather on these is soft, and the color is bright. Just reminded me of you.