Monday, September 17, 2007

Best Emmy Trend 2007

I'm not sure you can call something a trend, just because a few people do the same thing in the same place, but what the hey. I'm gonna call it a trend, and live dangerously!

After years and years of black and white--which never go out of fashion--it was such a lift to see so many jewel tones. The ones that were best, though, were on the women who had the dark hair and dark skin to make a dramatic statement.

I am partial to purple, but even if I weren't, I'd think Julia Louis Dreyfus looks fabulous. The color is not overbearing, and somehow accentuates her glowing skin. Her hair and makeup is simple and unfussy, the black bag compliments the hair (a purple bag would have been Too Much), and the entire ensemble looks elegant, unusual, and amazing.


There were a few red gowns on the red carpet, but Mary Louise Parker's was the best, if only because she had the dark coloring that really rocked the color. Sally Field also had a jewel colored gown, but I just couldn't find a picture to show it.

Just to show the contrast, look at Sara Ramirez's dress. The dress is fine--it fits well, it accentuates the positive, and even the little cut-out over the hip doesn't really detract. And we loves ourselves some Sara Ramirez--her Spamalot scatting is awe inspiring, and she is so fierce on Grey's Anatomy that we think George O'Malley better think twice about getting on her Enemies List. The only thing I don't like about this dress on Sara Ramirez is. . .the color.

She looks great, she looks happy, but the color is just there--it doesn't do anything for her. If I didn't know better, I'd suspect someone Photoshopped her head onto another body--the two just don't seem to have much in common with each other.

Now compare this dress with the winner of the evening: America Ferrara. Girlfriend looks fabulous. I want her hair, her dress, the whole look. In fact, I want America. Call me--we can go shopping, and drink mojitos. We'll stay up way too late and start making inappropriate comments about the bartenders. It will be fun!

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

America is awesome. I want her self-confidence. She is amazing.

I like Ali Larter too. She looked amazing.