Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Top Things To Remember About The U2 Concert

I don't know if you know this, but I went to the U2 concert last Friday. Did I mention that? Top things to remember:

  • Bono and Edge doing "Old Man River"
  • Woman holding up a sign "I lost 75 pounds to dance with you Bono"--so he pulled her up on stage and said "One thing you must know--Irish men can't dance. We can do a lot of other things though." Okay, maybe it wasn't technically "dancing" (John O'Hurley has nothing to worry about) but it was a definite groove--and she stayed on stage though the entirety of "Elevation."
  • Bono taiko drumming at the end of "Love And Peace Or Else"
  • Introducing "Miss Sarajevo," Bono said "We recorded this with Luciano Pavarotti. He's not here, but I have been putting on some weight."
  • The band exiting from the point of the ellipse, with Edge going one way, the other three going the other way. Bono putting up his microphone and improving "I'll take the high road, and you take the low road." The band members waving at each other.
  • Bono announcing that "Edge is from the future" and that the doctors at Mayo Clinic examined Edge's brain and declared it "impossible"--Edge's expression like "What're ya gonna do?"

I'm sure there are more, but I'll stop now.

No comments: