Friday, September 23, 2005

Autumnal Equinox

Summer is ending--we had temps in the 80s, high humidity, sweaty hair and whirring air conditioners on September 21. Then, that night, big weather came through--severe thunderstorms, flash flood warnings, thunder and lightning all through the night, and even a tornado sighting. Cool weather arrived with a bang!

Last night, I sat outside in the dark, my bare feet just a little too cold, and heard a pair of geese honking and calling through the dark as they flew to join a flock. Trees have started to turn scarlet and gold, and we woke up this morning to temperatures in the low 50s.

The bright colors of my summer wardrobe look out of place now--even if the temperature soars again, I don't think I'll wear apple green capris again. Long live brown and black!

No comments: