Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hello! hello lo ooo

Can we hear the echo? School started this week, and the kidlets are trundling off happily to be stuffed full of Scholarly Goodness.

And I can hear myself think again.

Or I could, if there were actually any mental activity going on.

I love my kids. They are both kind and smart and sweet through and through. But they are kids, and the world of kidlets has not so much to keep the Mommy Mental Faculties very sharp. Plus, because they are, in fact, not adults, they need Care! And Help! And sometimes just the comfortable Mommy Presence!

Which is my own damn fault--I mean, I COULD have raised them to be disaffected and independent little snots who stop by the house for cash and car keys, as well as the occasional clean laundry. BUT NOOOOOO! I had to go and make myself an important part of their daily lives!

So, they've had summer vacation, and I've been the Operator Standing By To Take Your Call all summer. Which means that no matter what I am doing, I am likely to be summoned to assist, or view, or participate in kid-dom.

The silence now, with everybody gone, is beyond golden. My brain feels a bit bruised--like it's taken a few hard hits recently--and it feels so good when that stops.

Posting should increase in frequency a bit, as I find my way back to some semblance of mental acuity.

No comments: