Monday, September 19, 2005

Do Ye Be Knowin' What Day T'day Be?

It be International Talk Like A Pirate Day--that be what day this be.

So gits out yer rum, and stump about on yer peg leg, else ya be a land lubber.

Fer yer eddification, here be a pirate joke, ta be sharin' with all them swabbies ya be convertin' ta pirate ways today:

A man met a pirate with a peg leg, a hook for a hand, and an eye patch.
"It looks like you've had an exciting life," he said.
"Oh, aye, that I have," agreed the pirate.
"How did you get that peg leg?" he asked.
"That there leg was lost the time a mighty storm swept me overboard, and the sharks got ahold of me leg. They chewed it through before I was able to pull meself back aboard ship."
The man was impressed. "What about your hand? What happened there?"
"Arrgh, that was lost when we was capturing a treasure ship. We fought bloody hand to hand battle, and I lost me hand to a swordsman."
The man was silent for a moment, awed by the daring of the pirate before him, but he found he had to ask "What happened to your eye?"
"That, well man, that was when me parrot shit in me eye."
The man couldn't believe this story. "You lost your eye...to parrot poop?"
"Arrgh, well it was the first day with me hook."

That there joke was translated for ye scurvy dogs so's you could understand it proper like. Now go and be pirate-y, or the Flying Dutchman'll scupper yer ship.

1 comment:

Suefunky said...

What is up your popularity with spammers. At the very least, this comment should have been written in pirate speak. Shhhesh. The inconsideration.

We were laughing thinking about how Mr. Sweetie would so enjoy talking like a pirate all day. I have just convinced my team that we will be doing it as well. Should make the day somewhat more tolerable.

:-)