Tuesday, April 05, 2005

What Is This Thing Called, Love?

I got my iPod for Valentine's Day--Mr. Sweetie really loves me. I've been loading and buying music for a month and a half now, and there are now enough songs that it's worth creating specialized playlists. After all, there are certain times when the mood is right, if you know what I mean and I think you do, and you just don't want to be surprised by the Offspring with Come Out And Play.

Even if that is what you are doing...hypothetically, of course.

So, I want to create certain, well, moods for my playlists. However, my kidlets, The Pony and MonkeyGirl, also love the iPod, and will dj entire road trips without allowing me to even get my hands on my machine. Which is fine, except--I don't want to create any playlists that are so, um, explicit, that it raises questions that are hard to answer while driving in the car.

So, what do we call our music? The most, um, urgent playlist would be one that totally sets up for After The Kids Go To Bed. Except I don't think I'd better call it that.

Oh, and just to be clear (I don't really need to explain this to you, you all know this) there's nothing wrong with the actual music on the iPod--they can listen as much as they like to everything on it. (Yes, I refrained from adding Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing.)

So, what do we call this thing, love?

No comments: