Friday, April 15, 2005

Hangin' With The Stars

My sister, who is FAB, tells the story of her new assistant at work. Assistant is at a family dinner, and Uncle Somebody brings his good buddy Kevin Costner. (Yeah, I know--is he IN or OUT? He was so yummy in Bull Durham, but the wheels kind of fell off the truck there for a while. I hear he's throb-worthy in Upside of Anger, though).

Anyway, Kevin Costner talks to 22 year old assistant and finds out she's into snowboarding. "Really? You should come out to my place in Colorado. You can go right out the door and board from there."

Yeah. Sure. Next time I'm in town, I'll just stop by. Thanks for the invite.

Next day, cel phone rings. It's Kevin Costner. "I'm going to be gone on x weekend. If you want to come to the house, I'll send the plane."

Which he does. How cool is that?

Here are the downsides:
  • Boyfriend gets stomach flu, spends the weekend in bed. Boarding does not happen.
  • To snoop, or not to snoop, that is the question.
  • Do you take pictures of yourself? "Here I am in Kevin Costner's bathroom"?
  • What the heck do you get a millionaire for a thank you gift?

I guess I'm lucky these dilemmas rarely happen to me.

No comments: