Monday, March 06, 2006

Oscar Mania!!!

I love the Oscars. Love, love, love, lurve, loave the Oscars. Not because I have seen the movies, because most of the time I haven't. I love it for the beautiful people wearing their most beautiful clothes, groomed to the nth degree, working that beauty for the cameras. I love that they are all happy, and that the winners take their beautiful selves up on stage to accept the beautiful trophy from the beautiful presenter.

Not to even mention the beautiful (and anonymous) trophy bearers. It is truly awesome how beautiful some people can be.

Yes. I'm talking about George Clooney.

Not only is he charming and handsome and well spoken and a good actor and a good director and a good screenplay writer and a guy with a home on Lake Como...his acceptance speech! Maybe Clooney should be our next president! Here is a guy who takes pride in being called "out of the mainstream" in a way that the Democratic Party has been woefully failing to do. He stood up for principles and decency--and he did it while looking incredibly handsome and utterly suave.

Heck--I'd vote for him.

No comments: