Thursday, January 05, 2006

Digital Milestones

So, the Fabulous Babe's Christmas presents arrived yesterday. For the kidlets, there were gift cards for iTunes--The Pony's already loaded hers onto her account.

For me--a 4 CD set of FB selected tunes--Rockin' the MamaVan!!

I love love love it. All kinds of good music to play loudly--much of it older stuff that I actually once had on VINYL! (No, dearies--that was AFTER the dinosaurs died--they're what vinyl is made of. Yes, I am THAT OLD!)

But here's the deal--I now have MORE MUSIC THAN THE iPOD WILL HOLD!

I never thought I'd see that day. It's even all music that I like!

I love my iPod--the sprightly green Mini that I got last Valentine's day. But this Christmas, I had to (yes, it WAS TOO a necessity) do some shopping at the Apple store, and I managed to develop a lust for a new iPod.

Not even a Nano, which is what I thought I would have wanted. No, I want the full sized one, that can play video.

Which is entirely stupid, because I play my iPod WHILE DRIVING IN THE CAR! What the hell is the point of a VIDEO iPOD in the CAR?

Doesn't matter. I wanted it.

So, knowing my bad reaction to delayed gratification, I went back to the Apple store and played with the toys. I listened, and played, and watched videos...and after several hours, managed to assuage my acquisitive nature.

BUT NOW! I NEED more memory! Like 120 TIMES MORE MEMORY. Right? Because I don't have enough things on which to spend money I don't have. I must have more memory so I can buy more music PLUS TV SHOWS that I don't even watch when they are free! And MUSIC VIDEOS so I can WATCH THEM IN THE CAR. WHILE I AM DRIVING.

Addiction is such an ugly thing.

No comments: