Sunday, September 17, 2006

Here She Is!


Well, contrary to all expectations, the Lady Cliff arrived on Friday.

I know! I don't believe it either! But it's true.

It was actually surreal--she arrived on the truck, looking just exactly as I remembered her.

Apparently, customs was no trouble at all--all my worrying was unnecessary. Our hauler, David, had a couple of worrisome moments, neither of which was customs. We'll hear those stories later.

Anyway, so Lady Cliff was sitting on the truck, and there were papers inside that I wanted to get--some records of restoration work for the survey that should happen on Monday, so I asked. Can I get those papers now or would it be better to wait until she's up on blocks.

Bless his heart, David didn't exactly laugh at me. Exactly. He did sort of smother a smirk and gave a little kind of snort. Yes, she just traveled a thousand miles on a truck, OF COURSE it's safe to get up on her. It's not like she's going to tip or anything.

So, with the aid of a ladder, I climbed up into her. Wow. We had a boat.

The travel lift wasn't available right away, so it wasn't until about 2:30 that she came off the truck. David moved the truck and the travel lift came over. Straps were run under her hull, and with a gentle lift, she came off the truck.


Hey Mom ! Look--no truck!


So, now she's up on blocks, waiting for a survey and then insurance coverage before we put her in the water. It's kind of hard to wait, but we did get to all go have dinner on her last night. It was wonderful. Mr. Sweetie found Frank Sinatra on the radio, and with the warm lights in the saloon, we had sandwiches and drinks and chips and...a lovely time was had by all.

No comments: