Thursday, March 31, 2005

It's This Kind of Spontaneous Publicity...

Okay, so I'm a brand new blogger. A baby blogger. A embryonic indeterminate lifeform that has the potential some day to become a real blogger. And by "real blogger" I mean someone who can post photos, be charming and funny on a daily basis, and make pretty links. And gets read. And even comments!

Aye, there's the rub--are you really a blogger if no one knows you blog? If a man talks in the forest and there's no one to hear, is he still wrong? What is the sound on one blogger clapping? Does the delivery of the new phone books with my phone number in it make me famous?

So, on the second day of posting on this newfangled bloggy thingy, I have no comments. Zero comments. Just what you would expect from the second day of blogging with no photos! No funny! No pretty links!

But wait! Or as Shakespeare says, but soft! There are instructions to make a pretty link--let's try it!

Find out what song was number one on the day you were born--America or UK! Click here! Believe it or not, on my birthdate, it was "Walk Like A Man" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Which totally tells you how old I am, but excuse? me? Since when does a man who sings in a falsetto unmatched since the age of the castrati know about walking like a man? Walking like a Egyptian maybe, or walking this way perhaps, or even in boots that were made for walking. But man? Not so much.

Hey! Pretty link! No nasty URL cluttering up the page. Just pretty pretty princess links! I now have a dangerous weapon in my control! Look on me and weep!

And leave an encouraging comment, will you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily's birthday song is the Macarena