Wednesday, March 18, 2009

MP3 of Doom

I've been trying to maintain some connection to music created this century, and have occasionally leaned on Tonk's music to do so. Fortunately, she is incredibly tolerant, and has agreed to let me listen to what she likes on one condition.

That she never comes home to find me cleaning the kitchen while singing the Pussycat Dolls' "Don'tcha."



And who can blame her?

So, just for fun, she played Modest Mouse's song "Dashboard," which is a delightful little ditty about the destruction of an automobile being tolerable, as long as the radio still works.



I like this song, and liked it when she first played it for me about two years ago. It has taken the intervening two years to find out that the download from iTunes was saved on the old computer, which thereafter acquired OS Alzheimer's and had to be put out of its misery.

Well, I'm not to cheap to drop $0.99 on something I know I like, so I downloaded it. And got a look at the name of the album for the first time:






















We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank.

Now that's a cheery little pop title that's bound to get the kids flocking to the record store demanding to buy it! I'm thinking of making it my new motto. Useful in so many situations!

IRS: Why didn't you file your taxes for the last seven years?
Me: We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank!

Police Officer: Ma'am, do you have any idea how fast you were driving? Have you been drinking this evening?
Me: We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank!

Family: Ewww! We hate this dinner you cooked us! What is it anyway?
Me: We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank!

See? Now I never be at a loss for words!

No comments: