Monday, April 24, 2006

You Shall Know Them By Their Color!

Hello, I am the Mistress of All Evil, and I am a Disney trading pin addict.

(Hello, Mi-mumble mumble what did she say her name was, can you have that as a name?)

Sadly, this is a rapidly progressing disease, and I seem to have very few defenses for it. I have drawn some lines, and tend to focus on a few of the more classic characters: Sleeping Beauty, Pooh, Belle.

But I'm particularly fond of the Bad Girls:

Ursula the Sea Witch from Little Mermaid;




the Evil Queen from Snow White,




and (of course) the original Mistress of All Evil, Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.




















The junior auxiliary to the Bad Girls are the Not Bad Just Drawn That Way Corps: Megara from Hercules, and Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.





All of them (except for Ursula) are just dead sexy: beautiful, lean, elongated, elegant and dangerous. Ursula doesn't have the looks, but she's got a GREAT song and she pushes all the diva buttons, so she's obviously got to be included. Plus, she uses her magic for evil and turns into the lean, elongated and dangerous Vanessa in order to make the Prince marry her instead of the Little Mermaid.

Anyway, they are all the things I am not but would like to have a bit more of. I'm afraid I'm genetically incapable of carved cheekbones and high arched eyebrows. I'm not exactly short, but I'm no more than average height, and I'm well on the way to being the shortest person in my family. I'm in no way elongated: even during a brief period of being seriously underweight, I was far to curvy to carry off that leggy lean look. Most of all, I'm not direct and straightforward the way they are: They know what they want, and they don't hesitate to get it.

However, there is one other thing they all have in common: they all wear purple. The baddest of them wear purple and black. It's like there's color theory in Disney movies: the ones who are good wear blue and pink and yellow, and the Bad Girls are in purple. Even Meg, who only starts out bad against her will and ends up good, wears lavender.

So, short curvy round-faced nice old me--purple is my favorite color!

1 comment:

Amy Adams said...

Who do you want to be? Pick a color--does that help?