Monday, August 01, 2005

My Public Apology

This almost never happens--when one is the Mistress Of All Evil, one rarely apologizes. One merely puts an evil curse on the victim.

However, be that as it may, Mr. Sweetie deserves an apology. I have unintentionally left the impression that he is some kind of DUHusband in my FOOD! post of yesterday.

Whether it showed up or not (in the post), it was very clear to me that he was trying to help. He could tell I needed a break, and he was trying to move in to intercept any future demands for food from the kidlets. It makes a certain kind of sense, given my knackered state, for him to assess the situation before acting. So, he asked a reasonable question about the state of things--"Have they had dessert yet?"

Now, indisputably, if my answer had been "No," he would have gone and provided said dessert. If my answer had been "yes" he would have moved to make the bag lunches for the next day.

In either case, the proper response from me would have been "Thank you!" NOT the Glare Of A Thousand Pointy Things, which is what he got.

However, the doctor says that the wounds were not fatal, and the scarring should be minimal. I am abashed. So, here goes:

I AM SORRY, MR. SWEETIE. YOU DESERVED BETTER FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

There. Now I hope I never have to do that again.

No comments: