Thursday, August 01, 2013

Separated at Birth--Dirty Sherlock Edition

When I switched off Orange is the New Black (which I will review after I've seen more than 2 episodes), what should come onto the television but Dirty Dancing.

For many people, that was a defining movie. Not necessarily for me, because--OLD. But I came in just as Baby ends up at a staff dance party, and dances with Johnny--the lithe and cat-like Patrick Swayze.






Of course, I stopped to watch the dancing!













And there was an odd familiarity to Mr. Swayze in that scene--he reminded me of somebody.






Something about the slated eyes and chiseled cheekbones.



Wait! That's not Patrick Swayze!


Swayze.


 

Not Swayze.

The likeness is stronger in the film than these still images convey. But really, Swayze and Cumberbatch--both are worth watching in just about anything!

No comments: