Thursday, May 24, 2012

Some Things I Like

Okay, in contrast to the last post, I am going to make a list of a few things that I have come across in the last month that I have actively liked and tried to get others into:

  • Sherlock on PBS--the British production created by Stephen Moffat and Mark Gatiss, starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman
  • The Drowsy Chaperone--a Broadway musical pastiche, presented as a contemporary man playing a record of a (fictional) musical from 1928
  • Tumblr
  • Menchie's frozen yogurt shop
  • Blunderbuss--the new album by Jack White
  • Running on an elliptical 
  • Prime rib and Lillet at Salut
  • Lunch with my girlfriends
Not terrible, right? I'm no Pollyanna, but there are a series of actual things that I get excited about and happy to participate in.

So maybe my heart isn't entirely cold and dead--maybe it's just too small. Like the Grinch.

No comments: