Saturday, September 12, 2009

Why Do We Even Have That Blog, Kronk?



One of the (many) great moments in The Emperor's New Groove happens after Yzma and Kronk attempt to enter the secret lab. "Pull the lever, Kronk!" cries Yzma, and she disappears through the floor.

Fractions of a second later, she re-enters the room, pulling a crocodile off. "Why do we even have that lever?" she asks.

Good question. And why do I even have this blog if I never post? Also a good question.

So here I am, with a brain full of entries I've meant to post and just haven't. I may have to clear out some backlog before any of the new merchandise (ideas) have room on the shelves. Or maybe something will simply force its way to the front of the store.

Right now, I am sitting in a lovely hotel room in Chicago, ready to go to the U2 concert, watching the DVD of their Chicago Vertigo concert from 2005. This is a big deal for us, as it is a new stage in our lives. The girls voted to stay home overnight by themselves, and so Cpt. Sweetie and I flew off this afternoon for a one day trip. We will be home about 30 hours after we left, but there may be longer trips in the near future depending on how this one goes.

We spent the afternoon at the Terrace Cafe here in the Conrad Hotel, splitting a pitcher of sangria and eating a very late lunch, soaking up the beautiful weather and enjoying some quiet, undistracted time together. We discussed plans for our new landscaping, solved Obama's problems with health care reform, and. . .well, I don't remember everything. I DO remember the sangria, though! That counts for something. Right?

The concert promises to be great, and if it is even half as great as I think it will be, we will go back again once the band comes to the Twin Cities.

And you know what? I have always liked the spinach puffs.


No comments: