Friday, February 24, 2006

Hello, My Name Is

Mr. Sweetie is going to a work event this evening. The annual "Employee Recognition Dinner." I just can't get over imagining conversations at cocktail hour.

"Do you work here? I don't...recognize you."

"Good to see you, Scott. You're not Scott? (surruptitious glance at name tag)--you're Bill?"

"Ya know, if it weren't for this event, I'd have no idea who my employees were. Maybe they should always wear name tags."

Needless to say--I'm not going.

ON EDIT: The characterizations above are entirely fictitious, and do not resemble Mr. Sweetie in any way. Mr. Sweetie DOES, in fact, recognize all the many people who work for him and is now and always has been good with names and faces.

Mr. Sweetie also informs me that the event is actually "Employee Appreciation" and NOT "Recognition." We at MoAE regret the error--especially since there are no jokes to be made about "Employee Appreciation."

No comments: